Leaderboard
728x15

Here's Your Diploma Sir

Large Rectangle

Check out these real estate appraisal images:


Here's Your Diploma Sir
real estate appraisal
Image by Theiggsta
This is the result of a 75 Hour course regarding the fundamentals of Real Estate Appraisal and is required by the state as a prerequisite for becoming a Trainee Appraiser.


7249 Map of leaseholds vs freeholds in Amsterdam, in Volkskrant
real estate appraisal
Image by blacque_jacques
Accompanying an article about speculation in freeholds, and houseowners selling the houses but holding onto the freeholds.

I wanted to see whether it listed my house as leasehold ("erfpacht" - have to pay the land owner periodically) or freehold ("eigen grond"). My place shows up as freehold (yay!) and I confirmed this weeks later by looking at my house's appraisal. So I don't have to worry about someone else jacking up my land lease as part of a new speculative bubble.

The whole leasehold vs. freehold thing is more common the UK and here in the Netherlands--maybe elsewhere on the continent--than In the US, where you usually get the land with the house. But I wouldn't be surprised if US developers hang onto the land after all these days.


Twin Creeks | Cedar Park, Texas
real estate appraisal
Image by Austin Appraiser

Banner