Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Pennsylvania Real Estate images

Large Rectangle

Some cool pennsylvania real estate images:


Jesse W. Fell, a small marker for a charmed lawyer from Pennsylvania
pennsylvania real estate
Image by guano
Our funky little house was built in 1887, over on the high spot on the north side of the street. In 1917 it was moved to the south side of the street, to clear the high spot for a much more elegant house. We were told by the real estate folks that Jesse Fell, just before he died, had our house built for his two spinster daughters to live in. Old Jesse was a surveyor and lawyer who likely touched nearly all of our town in it's early days.

Fell helped found the Unitarian church here, where Rustie and I were married. I like to rub the nose of his bust for good luck after entering the church. Fell was a very lucky man.

Yeah, our house was built in 1887. It's been through hell and it certainly is no longer in "historical" condition. Hot in summer (no A/C), cold in winter, the basement leaks, and the whole house leans toward the back yard. We love it!


Assignment by George Shatto
pennsylvania real estate
Image by S A Shatto
For a valuable Consideration to me in hand paid I do hereby
assign set over and transfer unto Samuel Siders his heirs or Assigns
all such Leagcy or Legacies sum or sums of money Coming to or due
me or to which me or my heirs are entitled from the estate of my
father Anthony Shatto late of Juniata township formerly Cumberland
County now Perry County__ hereby giving said Samuel Siders his
heirs or assigns full power and authority to demand receive and
recover the said share or Legacy for his own use and benefit and
upon receipt of the same to give acquittances or other Releases
for the same___ In witness whereof I have hereunto set my
hand and seal November 3rd - 1821-
Witness – John Davies

Rec’d November 3rd 1821 of Samuel Siders the sum of thirty
dollars ____ for my share of my fathers estate whether
real personal or mixed
Witness – John Davies

Dauphin County – Before me the Subscriber a Justice of the Peace in
and for Dauphin County Came George Shatto & acknowledged the
above sale and transfer to be his act & deed to the intent that the
Same as such should be Recorded according to the law. In witness
where of I have hereunto set my hand and seal Novem 3rd 1821
John Davies

Banner